When you permanently delete important files from the hard drive by accident or the hard drive is unconsciously damaged or crashed during computer usage, this will usually result in data loss. Therefore, how to recover data from a hard drive becomes a matter of importance. And you can follow the guide below to recover files from the hard drive of a Windows or Mac computer.
Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- Recover photos, audio, documents, videos, and other files from the hard drive
- Support recovering data from hard drives under data loss situations including mistaken deletion, improper operation, virus attack, etc.
- Support all kinds of storage devices like SD cards, HDD, SSD, iPods, USB drives, etc.
- Preview the recoverable files during the scanning process to improve recovery efficiency
- Traceable historical scan records to avoid repeated scanning
Why Can You Recover Hard Drive Data?
Hard drive data can be recovered as the deleted files are not erased permanently and they continue to exist on the hard drive. For example, when you delete a file on Windows, Windows will remove the pointer and mark the sectors containing the file’s data as available. From the file system’s point of view, the file is no longer present on your hard drive and the sectors containing its data are considered free space. So that’s why you can recover data from a hard drive even after they have been deleted.
If you’ve accidentally deleted some important files and need to get them back, there are some things you should keep in mind:
You should stop using the hard drive: After you deleted files, stop making any changes to your hard drive immediately. If the computer continues to write files to your hard drive, the chance of recovering the deleted files decreases.
You should recover the file as soon as possible: You should recover files from the hard drive immediately by using a hard drive recovery program. And don’t install the hard drive data recovery software on the same hard drive where you deleted files.
How to Recover Data from Hard Drive
If you want to recover data from a hard drive, it’s important to find a safe and reliable hard drive data recovery tool so as to avoid further data loss. So here I will recommend you MacDeed Data Recovery.
How to Recover Data from Hard Drive on Mac
For Mac users to recover files from a hard drive, you need MacDeed Data Recovery which allows you to recover photos, videos, documents, emails, archives, and more from a full range of hard disk drives including internal and external hard drives like Seagate, Samsung, SanDisk, Toshiba, etc.
MacDeed Data Recovery can get files back under different data loss situations like mistaken deletion, formation, factory reset, virus attack, disk crash, etc. With it, you’ll never worry about hard drive data loss. It also received many good reviews from authority tech websites. It’s free for you to try and a lifetime free upgrade is also supported.
Step to recover data from hard drive on Mac:
- Download MacDeed Data Recovery for a free trial.
- Run the program.
- Choose the hard drive you want to recover. MacDeed Data Recovery will list all detected hard drives and external storage devices. Choose the hard drive where you want to recover data. Then click “Scan” and this hard drive recovery software start to scan your hard drive.
- After scanning, you will see all found files listed in the left column. Click each file to preview.
Then choose what you need and click the “Recover” button to recover data from the hard drive. Be aware of not saving data to the hard drive where data loss happens. This may cause data overwritten.
How to Recover Data from Hard Drive on Windows
MacDeed Data Recovery is a free hard drive recovery tool that allows you to easily recover files from hard drives, external drives, and even flash drives. It is easy to use for even a novice PC. It supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Pro edition is also offered when you want to add virtual hard drive support, automatic updates, and premium support.
Step to recover files from hard drive on Windows:
- Download MacDeed Data Recovery on your PC computer for free.
- Choose the hard drive you want to recover. And choose the hard drive where you want to recover data, then click “Scan”.
- After scanning, it will show all found files. Select the files and click “Recover” to recover data from the hard drive.
When you have a failed, formatted, or damaged hard drive, MacDeed Data Recovery is powerful enough to assist you in your data loss scenario. If you have any questions on how to recover data from a hard drive, please leave a comment below.